This week on Love The Bombshell….Make-up Dupes, Lazy Curly Girl Styles, Straightening, Top 10 Thursday, Bombshell Vocab, Interview Make-up & more!!!
Feel free to send questions! Follow me on Twitter! (@the_bombshell_)
Statement lips are ‘haute’ this season! If you’re having a lazy day, but still crave a little oomph all you need is a bold lip! Bold lips only require a little eye liner, bronzer, and mascara.
This picture of Meagan Good was taken at OK! Hollywood’s pre-Grammy event in February. Meagan demands attention with her neon orange lips, but keeps it classy with a simple face.
To create Meagan’s look you will need the following:
-MAC Lipstick in Morange (amplified finish)
-Maybelline’s Define-A-Brow Pencil (Dark Brown, but use what coordinates with your brow color)
-MAC Mineralize Skinfinish (Medium Dark)
-ELF Creme Liner (Black)
-Maybelline Fit Me Concealer (Fair 15, or a shade that’s a little lighter than your skintone)
-MAC Eye shadow (All that glitters)
-NYX Lip Pencil in Orange
-Jergen’s Shea Butter (I use this as my daily moisturizer, but this also works as a nice primer) If you have oily skin, you may need to apply your daily moisturizer, and primer from MAC or Victoria’s Secret.
1. Start by applying Jergen’s Shea Butter. This makes your skin nice, moisturized, and even for make-up. Next, apply MAC’s Mineralize Skinfinish using the foundation brush of your choice.
2. Then, apply a dot of Maybelline’s FIT Me Concealer under each eye. Blend the concealer under your eyes to create a highlight.
3. Lightly stroke the Maybelline Define-A-Brow pencil across your brows! DO NOT DRAW!!!! Stay in the areas where hair exists.
4. Next, apply Covergirl bronzer to the apples of your cheeks. Find your apples by smiling. :)
5. Eyes! Meagan has a very light shadow on her lid & in the corner of her eyes. Use MAC All that Glitters shadow to create this glow. Use a regular shadow brush to “pack” the shadow on your lid. Do not go above your crease.
6. Using an angled brush, put a little shadow in the corner of your eye. Next, apply a little to your water line, but do not apply to the whole water line.
7. To apply ELF’s Creme Liner, you will also need an angled brush. Lightly drag the brush across your lid. Apply more pressure as you get closer to the end to widen the line. STOP! To create the wing, trace the bottom of your water lid (but don’t touch it, lol) then draw a line where your water lid ends in an upward motion.
8. Apply mascara in a twirling motion from the outer part of your lash to the inner area. Use a little mascara on the bottom lid as well.
9. Use NYX’s Lip Pencil in orange to outline your lips. Next, completely fill your lips with the lip pencil. Finally, apply MAC’s Morange Lipstick!
If you try this look, send me a pic! My version of the look is coming soon!
Top 10 Thursday!!
Top 10 Hair Products for a Bombshell!
As I’ve said many times, I’m a product junkie. I’ve narrowed my list of products down to 10 items that I think you ladies (or gents) should try. Each of the products below are used for different looks. Note: I’ve never used all 10 products at the same time…don’t try it.
Products with *** beside them can be used on straight hair.
1. Eco Styler Krystal Styling Gel: Gel doesn’t get any better than this! This product is the maximum hold, but it doesn’t flake, harden, or dry out your hair! When I don’t have a lot of time to do my hair in the morning, I slick my hair back in a bun using this. Eco Styler Gel can be used alone. Sally’s Beauty Supply carries this product. Local beauty supply stores may have it for a better price.
2. Aphogee Protein Treatment *** : Dry hair? Dull hair? Heat damaged hair? Split ends? Aphogee is the perfect product to treat hair weaknesses. I use this product every two weeks. The protein treatment strengthens your tresses while adding shine and body. This product is a little tricky to use, but I suggest EVERYONE try it. Tutorial coming soon! This product is at Sally’s. ($2.50)
3. Trader Joe’s Balance Moisture Conditioner *** : I said I couldn’t choose a favorite product, but this may be my fave! This is the best conditioner I have ever used. The greatest thing about this product (besides the fact that it makes your strands extra silky, smooth, and tangle free) is it’s $3!!!!!! I use this product as a conditioner when I straighten my hair, and a leave-in conditioner when I wear it curly. This conditioner is only available at your local Trader Joe’s.
4. Cantu Shea Butter: I discovered this product in a hair emergency. My hair was dry and dull. I needed one product to spruce it up! Cantu Shea Butter adds moisture, hold, and fights frizz. You can purchase this product at Walmart or Target.
5. Hair One***: Hair One is the less expensive, accessible version of Wen. Hair One is a hair cleanser and conditioner. This is great for product junkies because you don’t need to buy a shampoo or conditioner seperately. I use this product for my curly and straight hair. This product adds fullness and volume. It is also great for detangling. For those of you who are a little apprehensive about an all-in-one system, Sally’s Beauty Supply has trial size packets.
6. Smooth N Shine Gloss Spray ***: This weightless spray is perfect for fighting frizz, adding moisture, and shine. You can purchase this product anywhere.
7. Aphogee Keratin Treatment***: I use the Aphogee Keratin treatment on the weeks that I haven’t used the Aphogee Protein Treatment. This maintains moisture, and is also great for detangling.
8. Denman Brush ***: The Denman brush isn’t your average brush. This brush is perfect for natural ladies who need to enhance their curls or have trouble detangling. I love to use this brush when I blow dry my hair straight. This brush makes drying easier and faster.
9. Biotera Leave-In Conditioner***: I use this product every time I wet my hair. It’s weightless, and great for taming frizz.
10. Black Scrungee w/o metal***: Keep this on you at all times! To conserve your curls while sleeping, put all of them on the top of your head and place the scrungee around once. In the morning, release, fluff, and you’re good to go!
(Satin pillow case didn’t make the cut, but it is a necessity.)
If you try these products, send me a message! I would love to know how they work for you.
Tutorials for these products are coming soon. <3
Opportunities may seem slim when fighting for your dream, but it’s not about what you see, it’s about what you know. #faith" - Laurieann Gibson <3
Disclaimer: Natural Hair Isn’t for Everybody!!!
Everyone is on the natural movement. Being natural is fun, versatile, and hard-work! Whoever thought that going natural would be easier & less expensive was completely wrong.
I’ve had the opportunity to experience natural & permed hair. I couldn’t wait to get a perm! I was tired of being the girl with puffy, frizzy hair. I got a perm when I was 14. I loved my silky strands. My hair was finally passed my shoulders, & I did not have to stress about frizz.
When I went away to college (2008), I could not find anyone I trusted to give me a perm. I started doing my own hair. I took my time & used a small flat iron to straighten my roots. I thought it would be interesting to revisit my curls. My mom agreed that I should no longer get a perm.
I’m obsessed with my hair. I love trying different products, & making changes to my look.
I think people are confused with the definition natural. Natural does not mean get up & go. I hate seeing women with untamed hair. Natural hair requires more maintenance than straight hair.
Throughout the blog, you will find tips, tricks, and products to for curl care. Keep these rules in mind as you determine which regimen is best for you!
Natural Hair Rules:
1. Accept your hair! There is no such thing as good hair or bad hair. Everyone has a different background, & hair journey. Work with what you have to create your masterpiece.
2. What works for me, may not work for you! I hate when someone tells me I tried your regimen, but my hair doesn’t look like yours. It’s very rare that women have the same curl pattern.
3. Be patient. Woosah! Hair needs to be trained. It takes a while to find your curl, but you’ll get it together! :)
SPICY TREND! Mint nails are on fire this spring. My fave mint nail polish is Minted by Revlon. The Miami ocean blue color is the perfect accessory to any spring outfit! The pale turquoise is sure to make heads turn!
Other Mint polishes are:
Essie: Mint Candy Apple
China Glaze: Re-Fresh Mint
OPI: Damone Roberts 1968
MAC: Peppermint Patti